Thursday, March 31, 2011

Is There Ever A Best Time To Start An Internet Business?

Absolutely Desperate I Was Driven To Make Money Online!

That nightmare where I couldn't pay the rent or my bills or had absolutely no idea where my next paycheck was coming from almost seems unreal these days.

Truth be told nowadays I do whatever I want. Most days I wake up very late in the morning (or early afternoon depending on my mood) and if I feel like it I drag myself into the office for an hour or so of extremely effortless work.

As if my life couldn't get any sweeter I have to tell you that my office is about 100 feet from my bedroom in my house. it's my study!

My apologies! As usual I have started this narrative at the end of the story not at the beginning so permit me to correct that error by going back to the beginning. So let's go back to the beginning (well actually somewhere in the middle) so you can see how I ended up where I am today.

This is how it all started...well kinda. A couple of weeks ago my buddy James and I were chatting at some cocktail shindig and soon enough we were knee deep discussing the terrible state of the economy. Both of us knew people who had been devastated by the downturn of the economy and not matter what the national polls and popular news accounts said about a rebound we both agreed that this may have been so for those fatcats on Wall Street who caused this mess in the first place, but certainly not for the average hardworking individual.

Things at his place were manageable but he couldn't say that they were great. Christine his wife had lost her job and he couldn't say for certain that his own job was secure. Just last week his close buddy had been let go. Besides they had two kids in college and a single paycheck just couldn't cover it! The harsh reality was that job security for most people was a thing that no longer existed.

For a while we were both lost in our own thoughts and then he asked how was it that I seemed to be doing so well when everybody else's world was collapsing? Somewhat guiltily I told him that things had never been better for me. Truth be told I confessed, business had never been better! Talk about a look of utter disbelief. Well cutting a long story short I started narrating how some time back things were so bad for me that I was forced to make money online or sink.

Existing A Life of No Existence!

Three years back I worked two back-breaking and mind-numbing jobs to make sure my family weren't on the streets. You'd think that being bone tired every waking hour would mean that getting to sleep would be the easiest thing in the world. Perhaps so, but not in my world. I had to numb myself with sleeping pills just to doze for a few hours. Crazy huh! It doesn't take a genius to figure out that staying alert and awake after so little sleep mixed with sleeping pills was no walk in the park. I did it by literally submerging myself in the yukkiest, strongest coffee to be had this side of hell.

Even then I worried that such a lifestyle was leading me to an early grave. But you know what? I had bigger worries, namely that there was food on the table and a roof over my family.

Oh! Yet in spite of my best efforts and intentions life seemed to go from bad to worse. My wife and I could no longer see eye to eye because our whole lives then revolved around money; or its lack thereof. It seemed like the only thing that my wife and I did back then was constantly bicker about money!

Highway To The Grave!

I lived in that fashion for far longer than I care to remember and possibly might still be doing so today had it not been for the fact that one day I was diagnosed as having hypertension.

I was in utter disbelief when the doc told me that I was suffering from sever hypertension. The doctor was calm, professional and reassuring but I was having none of it! How could I possibly be hypertensive?

Other than the sleep deprivation I had never felt better... I never smoked...drank only a little and never had a history of hypertension in my family. Besides I had barely turned thirty! I drank rarely and there was no history of the disease in my family. It was impossible! How could I have hypertension? I was barely 30 years old!

Eventually it was determined that stress was the cause of my hypertension.

Those nights I lay awake wondering where, when and if I was going to make a money that week, it definitely took a heavy toll. Fact was if I continued the way I was going there was a strong chance I would be dead before the year was through!

That was when I decided to turn to the web to make money online!

No comments: